Monday, January 10, 2011




"I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time." ~Charlie Brown 


I love Charlie Brown. He's been around forever, sharing the wisdom he's gained through his struggles. He helps me to look at myself more honestly. He doesn't try to pretend, he knows he's a worrier. This is part of him, he doesn't deny it. Yet, he knows that he has to contain "his dreads". He speaks of keeping it in the day. Yes, he still has his worries, they are going to come, but he realizes that he needs to keep them in check, limit them, contain them. He also can see how ridiculous he can be at times and accepts this, even embraces it. Being able to look at my shortcomings with honesty and humor frees me to make changes, to see more possibilities. I think that one of the things that I love so much about Charlie Brown is that he makes me feel so normal, just one other person who sometimes struggles to get through the day. Charlie's gift is that he can say what many of us feel but just don't know how to put into words. So with these thoughts in mind, I'd just like to say, "Thank you, you're a good man, Charlie Brown!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment